Thursday, November 9, 2023

VR Hands (Final Pass)

This week I completely rebuilt the hand skeleton and rig in accordance with the new mesh. The new rig includes meta-carpal control, keyable meta-carpal channels, and keyable finger curl channels in addition to the basic FK rig. I auto-skinned the hands initially to pass them on to the animator while I worked on the final skinning.

Prior to replacing the hands I got the props grabbing in place with socket-based snapping. When the skeleton was replaced the new sockets did not seem to behave in the same way and we were unable to replicate it in the given time, so we switched back to the "snap" type on the grab component.

I made a second VR Pawn and Animation Blueprint that worked in conjunction with my snapping, but it was obsolete given other fixes, so we continued using the original blueprints.





No comments:

Post a Comment